The Global Sourcing Office is responsible for technology staffing and outsourcing partnerships company wide while focusing in four key areas:
People: Recruit, build and train world-class teams on both sides of our global sourcing partnerships.
Process: Establish, document and implement secure, compliant and repeatable processes in support of our global sourcing efforts.
Partnerships: Establish, nurture and govern strong symmetric partnerships with our global staffing vendors.
Performance: Identify and implement performance metrics and targets to measure the efficiency, effectiveness and pervasiveness of our global sourcing initiative.
Responsibilities will include:
· Accountability for on-budget performance across the partner portfolio
· Accountability for the performance of the partner teams against agreed upon performance metrics
· Daily care and feeding of global teams including escalation and problem resolution
· Organizational strategy and succession planning within our partner teams
· Coaching and training of retained-staff team coordinators working with offshore teams
· Development, documentation and implementation of security, compliance and operational processes and best practices
· Discovery and analysis of new business opportunities for global sourcing
· On-site leadership with global partner teams (up to 40% international travel)
· Oversight of executive “governance” program for partner relationships
· Overall evangelism for global sourcing methodology and initiative
Required Skills & Experience:
· High energy, positive attitude, strong work ethic
· Passion for developing and delivering secure and robust software (and/or technology enabled services)
· Passion for delivering solutions that protect and manage critical enterprise information assets
· Strong technical background, with formal engineering training or equivalent
· Strong business and financial acumen, with formal business training or equivalent experience
· Strong leadership skills and experience
· Experience developing and delivering enterprise software products
· Experience developing and delivering captive xSP services and products
· 10+ years of direct or matrix management experience
· 4+ years direct experience managing offshore teams
· Experience working on the “vendor” side of global sourcing partnerships
· Experience managing offshore teams in a variety of countries, with specific emphasis on [insert your sourcing locale here]
· Passion for working with global teams
· Passion for security and regulatory compliance
· Creativity in applying security and compliance mandates to global sourcing models
· Understanding of and interest in economic and geopolitical factors impacting global sourcing